Bluetooth speakers are awesome, many are highly portable because of their smaller size, and the quality of sound is improving to match standard wired speakers. In our ever-more-mobile world, Bluetooth speakers are going to be an everyday way to carry our music everywhere we choose to have it. And we bassists like to have the best bass Bluetooth speaker on the go, so we can carry the boom with us.
Indeed, one of the most noticeable distinctions between wireless and wired speakers is the bass output. It is not difficult to comprehend that a smaller-sized speaker just can't give you the same bass boom as a bigger wired speaker, but keeping such a line of thought these days is quite short-sighted. There are plenty of Bluetooth speakers that boast bass output, allowing you to ignore the entire discussion about big or small. But, the question is, how do you determine which one is the top bass Bluetooth speaker? Now, you have to identify the advantages and disadvantages of the bass speaker you are interested in. In addition, you have to figure out the special characteristics that a speaker that meets your particular needs could offer. Simply have a look at this list of the best bass Bluetooth speakers and bass out to suit your heart's desire.
Best Overall - TREBLAB HD77
Best portable speaker with bass
Made For Outdoor Sports And Adventures
Don’t be fooled by the gorgeous looks and cool ambient LED’s of this waterproof Bluetooth speaker. It is super rugged for all your outdoor sports, hiking, and getting active.
All Day Power On a Single Charge
Treblab HD77 doesn’t play games with PlayXTend energy-saving tech and high-capacity 5200mAh battery for you up to 20 hours of medium volume play per charge.
- Awesome bass and rich sound quality
- Can be paired with an additional speaker for a surround sound feel
- 360º coverage allowing you to listen from every angle
- Portable and durable enough for outdoor use
- Bluetooth indoor coverage is lower than outdoor coverage
- Low battery alert begins too early and beeps too frequently
- Compact Bluetooth 4.0 speaker featuring full HD 360-degree surround sound
- Dual blue LED lights with gentle lighting for moody ambiance
- DualBass subwoofer for stunning sound performance
- Robust, water-resistant case
- Built-in microphone for hands-free calls
If you are searching for a sturdy and long-lasting Bluetooth speaker with more performance that will not cost much money, the Treblab HD77 is a great choice.
The speaker is a combo of robustness and performance. It has a great deal of output for its size (25W), is shock resistant and IPX6 waterproof, and has great battery life. You can clip it to your backpack or set it up next to a pool to hear music on your way.
Its power is at the very least equal to some more expensive Bluetooth speakers.
What makes it a great option is its affordability, priced at less than $100. It is priced less than similar Bluetooth speakers from JBL. It also has greater performance with approximately equal battery power. For a price-conscious user, the Treblab HD77 delivers more value compared to others.
Best portable bluetooth speaker with bass
- up to 20-hour playback
- Controls are easy to misfire
JBL Boombox Portable Bluetooth Waterproof Speaker
- for up to 24 hours on a single charge
- Heavy and bulky
Marshall Kilburn Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- up to 20 hours
- Low water-resistance rating (IPX2)
Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3
- up to 20 hours of playtime
- Charging dock not included
- Some functionality only supports Apple Music/Deezer
- you can get a staggering 30 hours of use
- Microphone is not the best
OontZ Angle 3XL ULTRA Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Up to 8 hours
- The sound quality may be bad even at moderate volumes
DOSS DS-1685 SoundBox XL 32W
- Up to 10 hours
- Average Bluetooth connectivity
FUGOO Style XL- Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- up to 35 hours from a single charge
- Slight distortion at highest volume
Treblab HD 77 – Our top choice
For parties everywhere, you have to get a high-performance outdoor speaker that can easily survive the wind and rain. The Treblab HD77 fits the bill: featuring a 25-watt sound delivery in a 360-degree array, you can power up this speaker wherever you go and make people go wild.
The key is that it features stereo output capability - a key attribute for improved music performance at parties. Just pair two TWS-enabled speakers together and get going.
IPX6 waterproofing is also essential if you plan to take the speaker outside, as you don't really want the party coming to an end due to a light rainstorm. Users' main complaint is the low-battery alert sound. It begins at approximately 5 percent and only quits once you are back above that level.
If you want to attach your speaker to your bike, golf cart, or any other vehicle, just take a Treblab Bluetooth speaker mount and enjoy perfect bass on the go.
- Bluetooth 4.2
- 25W output
- 360-degree HD sound
- Bluetooth range of 33 feet
- Can be paired with one another for stereo playback
- Outstanding bass performance
- Shock resistant
- Lots of accessories are offered
- Battery alarm indicator is disturbing
- Too many flashing lights could be a distraction
JBL Boombox Portable Bluetooth Waterproof Speaker - perfect for use outdoors or at pool parties
This ultra-powerful Bluetooth speaker is constructed like a tank and comes with a completely waterproof design (IPX7) to keep the speaker protected from the weather elements outside.
It features a solid 20,000 mAh battery that you can actually use to power up other gadgets using a USB input cable. This should be sufficient energy to allow you to enjoy up to 24 hours of continuous music playback on a single charge.
The JBL Boombox speaker comes with four active sound drivers plus two JBL bass radiators. These ensure a high volume and crisp sound clarity.
The sound is crisp and very clean, featuring monstrous low bass and a highly detailed midrange. As this review is mostly focused on the bass, the Boombox sounds deep and powerful. In addition, the midrange frequencies are not covered, which is outstanding.
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- 24 hours’ playtime
- IPX7 waterproof
- JBL Connect+
- High-performance rechargeable battery
- Connection type: 3.5-millimeter stereo
- Outstanding sound quality
- Nice appearance
- Extremely long battery life
- You can get the same, if not better, bass performance from much less costly speakers
Marshall Kilburn Portable Bluetooth Speaker - a stylish, genuine vintage look and feel
Where would the music be without Marshall? Well, the answer is nowhere. Since the 1960s, the brand has been pushing rock 'n' roll with its phenomenal guitar amplifiers.
Marshall Kilburn stands as a part of that heritage, delivering the brand's signature appearance and sense of style in a vintage Bluetooth speaker.
The Kilburn boasts two 3/4-inch dome tweeters plus a single 4-inch woofer, adding improved stereo sound output to the speaker. This creates a smooth, sophisticated sound with crystal-clear midrange and enhanced highs.
But how about that much important bass?
The Kilburn provides the firm; low bass you'd expect from a high-end Bluetooth speaker.
Kilburn's sound signature is V-shaped, emphasizing the highs and lower mids. But that can be modified quite easily using the custom bass and treble knobs on the top of the device.
- Fitted with Bluetooth 4.0 + EDR
- Dual 0.75" dome tweeters
- 4" woofer
- Stream wirelessly or use Aux input
- Classic Marshall appearance and style
- Unbelievable love for detail
- The legacy of the company
- Issues with decreased battery life after 5-6 months
- The warranty is void when you replace the battery
Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3 - a speaker in a more compact and portable case
The UE Boom 2 is a sophisticated Bluetooth speaker with outstanding, crisp sound. The bass performance is deep, tight, and powerful.
The UE Boom 2 is designed specially to go everywhere - to become wet, slushy, and thrashed. It is shock-resistant and rated IPX7, meaning it is waterproof and not water-resistant. Meaning you can immerse it in water up to a depth of one meter for about 30 minutes.
The battery life is supposed to last up to 15 hours. Bluetooth distance is the standard 100 feet, like most speakers in this review.
The UE Boom 2 is also supplied with a convenient app that lets you customize the EQ settings to suit your tastes.
The speaker comes with a watertight fabric surrounding the drivers, and there is a layer of rubber coating around the speaker for a durable look.
With the Ultimate Ears PartyUp function, you can pair up to 50 UE speakers together wirelessly. This lets you bring the party anywhere you can dream up - beaches, caves, seas, mountains, islands, rooftops - it's up to you.
- 360° immersive sound
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery for up to 15 hours of battery life
- Maximum Sound Level: 90dBC
- Frequency Range: 90Hz - 20kHz
- Drivers: two 45mm (1 3/4") active drivers and two 45mm x 80mm (1 3/4" x 3") passive radiators
- Endures brutal wear and tear allowing you to carry it with you wherever you go
- Completely waterproof
- Will not deform at high volume
- The battery life is not great, particularly after multiple charges for extended periods of time
- Will not play while being charged
- A number of users have reported reliability concerns
Treblab FX100 - the affordable audio unit that performs above and beyond its price range
If you're in search of a sturdy (and kid-safe!) Bluetooth speaker to carry with you on your roughest adventures, the Treblab FX100 is just the thing. The shockproof soundbox can withstand a lot - as well as a couple of sprinkles. No matter if you're out fishing, trekking, camping, or rock climbing, you don't need to be concerned about the FX100 becoming damaged from a few drops, falls, or splashes. It's also perfect for kids who like to take their music with them.
It is also your best friend on a camping trip as it acts as an excellent power bank for any other gadgets! Recharge your phones and tablets while never exhausting the large 7000 mAh battery. For outdoor adventures, you really can't find a better Bluetooth speaker at this price point. The microphone is not the greatest, but I do not believe the FX100 is intended for teleconferencing, so that does not affect the device greatly. It is a great option for listening to loud, rich sounds in a wide range of outdoor and indoor circumstances.
It is also simple to be installed on the bike when you need it, if you are going on a bike trip all you need is BIKE MOUNT BM-7 and 5 minutes of your time.
- Speaker: 10W speaker with built-in subwoofer
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5
- Signal range: 33 feet
- Water resistance: IPX4 waterproof & shockproof
- Compatibility: TWS compatibility for pairing two FX100 speakers
- Shockproof rubber impact-absorbing exterior
- Functions as a power bank for other equipment
- TWS assistance for coupling with other speakers
- Loud and clear HD audio quality
- The microphone isn't one of the best
- The highs sound too dominant in certain tracks
OontZ Angle 3XL ULTRA Portable Bluetooth Speaker – distortion-free bass and full-range stereo audio
The Cambridge SoundWorks Oontz Angle 3XL Ultra is not for people who want a hand-held, pocket-sized Bluetooth speaker. But it is lightweight to carry in your hand and won't feel cumbersome, even if you need to travel over the dunes to your beach party.
Since it is more solid than a pocket-sized speaker, it has the size to fit bigger drivers that create a memorably powerful sound of 100 dBa with little distortion at the highest volume.
That said, the sound still misses out on low and punchy bass. If that's not so important to you, you will not be disappointed as you will get a well-balanced, natural sound across the mid and high frequencies that are crisp and clear.
- Two 2.75-inch precision midrange drivers (these are usually 2 inches for speakers of this size)
- Two proprietary 13 mm tweeters for the high frequencies
- Three passive radiators for bass sound. There is a radiator on each side and one at the back
- A high-performance digital audio processor to blend the sound together
- 24 watts of output power to produce the volume
- In Inside mode, the bass is full, deep, and powerful - perfect for getting the party started
- Both modes create a natural sound with crisp and well-detailed mids and highs
- Splash-resistant IPX5 rating signifies you're safe from water splashes while in the pool or at the beach
- Features a rechargeable and replaceable battery
- Outdoor mode creates a lower bass, giving you a louder but less boomy sound at your outside party.
- Portable, though not as robust as the bigger, more massive speakers
- Only a 90-day warranty period
DOSS DS-1685 SoundBox XL 32W - portable and easy to transport or put in a backpack
The DOSS Soundbox XL is equipped with enhanced 20-watt acoustic drivers with DSP technology that delivers smooth, balanced sound. It also features a 12-watt subwoofer and two passive bass radiators that enhance the deep frequencies delivering an impactful bass output with ultra-low distortion.
It is fully compliant with all Bluetooth-enabled equipment.
The sound output of the Soundbox XL is respectable, it outweighs its weight and the audio output is similar to considerably pricier speakers. The bass in particular packs a punch: it goes down to 20 Hz, so you can actually hear and feel the bass.
- Sound driver: 32W high-performance stereo driver
- Waterproof: IPX4
- Bluetooth version: Bluetooth 4.0 + EDR
- Feature: Enhanced bass
- Playtime: 10 hours
- Built-in lithium-ion battery (2200 mAh) delivers up to 10 hours of playtime
- 12W subwoofer and two passive bass radiators ensure a punchy and thrilling sound
- Stylish appearance, perfect for giving as a gift
- Basic Bluetooth connectivity
FUGOO Style XL- Portable Bluetooth Speaker - premium sound and rugged durability
The Fugoo Style XL is sleek, spirited, and louder than life. It has an innovative eight-driver design - four neodymium tweeters, two curved aluminum neodymium woofers, and two woofers - and keeps everybody in the zone all the time with genuine 360-degree audio.
Rated IP67, the speaker was tested in one meter of water for 30 minutes and is protected against dirt, snow, and mud.
It has an unbelievable battery life of up to 35 hours on a single charge and a recharging time of just 3.5 hours - meaning if you are looking to listen to music all day long, this is an excellent option.
The speakerphone features SIRI and Google Now voice control support via supported Bluetooth devices, ensuring you're always in touch.
- Floats on water, which makes it perfect for pool parties, the beach, and boating
- Strong 35 hours of battery life
- Light up buttons in the dark
- The battery runtime is not that great, particularly after repeated charging over a prolonged period of time.
- Once you get over 70% volume, distortions start to occur
Bass Bluetooth Speaker Buying Guide
Bluetooth speakers bring ease to life. Advanced chips and reduced manufacturing costs have pushed manufacturing forward and boosted consumer demand.
The key benefit of a good Bluetooth speaker is that it adds richer sound to your gadgets than factory-installed speakers can. They are also generally smaller and more portable, thus becoming the ideal companion for trips and relaxing outdoors.
Since today's article is focused on Bass Bluetooth speakers, it's worth adding that audio quality also tends to vary from person to person and is dependent on the music styles you prefer.
When it concerns Bluetooth speakers, it may also depend on the appearance, as there are so many different models to buy. But functionality and purpose of use should be the main focus.
The main point for your choice is if you will use it indoors or outdoors.
When traveling, you must opt for something that can be easily carried. A compact, lightweight design with a big, rechargeable battery that provides long life between charges.
Of course, if you plan on carrying your speaker with you when you travel, you should also consider the build quality. You will want a model with long-lasting parts and a sturdy design concept.
Check the IP rating to find out if the speaker is splashproof, waterproof, or both. Based on your purpose, you might not need a completely waterproof speaker, which means that a more reasonably priced speaker suitable for indoor use only is ideal.
For outdoor use and moving them from one place to the other, you may want to choose durable speakers since they are highly durable. If you will be using them at home and barely moving them, you may want to go for a sleeker, yet less durable model.
It's ridiculous, but it pays to verify, if possible, that the speaker you are going to get is compliant with the unit you are planning to use it with. If you cannot get the details on the Internet, it's better to look for incompatibility issues and check if your unit is included there.
What makes the best bass Bluetooth speaker?
Since Bluetooth speakers are generally small, they can't be supported by a subwoofer. So to get a Bluetooth speaker with booming bass, you need to look for bass-boosting features like digital amplifiers, passive radiators, and more than one subwoofer.
Are all Bluetooth speakers alike when it comes to performance?
Bass Bluetooth speakers do not provide the exact same performance, although they may share similar drivers since the Bluetooth technology in one speaker might differ from that in another.
Will waterproof Bluetooth speakers be harmed if dipped in water?
The finest bass Bluetooth speakers won't be affected when immersed in water inside the suggested waterproof rating. A Bluetooth speaker with an IP68 protection class won't be harmed by water if immersed in a pool with a depth under 1.5 meters for 30 minutes. A Bluetooth speaker with an IP67 protection class may only be dipped into a pool with a depth of 1 m during the same duration.
We have compiled what we believe are the 8 best bass Bluetooth speakers available on the market today. All of them are great choices, and each of them definitely will more than meet the needs of most buyers.
As you might have already noticed, they are quite alike in a lot of characteristics. But what makes them different from one another are particular functions, build quality and audio. While the costlier models in the review understandably sound better than the less expensive ones, some do not so much.
Clearly, there must be a champion, and in this review, that's the...
It was awarded the victory for overall best functions for the cost. This is a mid-range Bluetooth speaker, but we did appreciate the audio. We also enjoyed the appearance and features.
Enjoy picking the top bass Bluetooth speaker and have fun playing all your favorite tunes - both indoors and out!