When it comes to picking the best headphones for lawn mowing, you have two options: headphones with active sound reduction or electronic earmuffs. The great thing about headphones with active noise cancellation is that they generally have all the bells and whistles, including Bluetooth and voice control. In contrast, earmuffs come at a more reasonable cost and provide passive noise cancellation with a specified NRR (Noise Reduction Rating).
The higher the NRR rating, the more efficient the hearing protection. We present the top active noise-canceling (ANC) earphones and electronic earmuffs for mowing in this guide. Each of the choices in our guide offers sufficient hearing protection to make sure you keep your ears safe, even if you're mowing a number of acres of lawn.
Best headphones for mowing
Hyper-HD aptX Sound Quality
Our best headphones for mowing come with Advanced Sound 2.0 Technology and aptX high-performance neodymium-backed 40mm speakers.
Ultra Premium Materials | Super Soft Ear Pads
They’re super-comfortable, made of high-end, ultra-soft materials that mold to the natural shape of your ear for a custom fit.
You have never had such a good audio experience as with the TREBLAB Z2 Bluetooth powerful noise-canceling headphones. With these headphones, you'll have the best of both worlds. Listen to all the amazing music you like, forget about the distracting ambient noise, and continue listening as long as you want.
Active noise canceling
Featuring unique T-Quiet active noise-cancellation technology, these headphones block out annoying outside sounds to help you stay focused on the task performed.
A whole outdoor activities mood
The sound created by these workout headphones extends far beyond anything you'd associate with its budget price tag. The speakers deliver a wide spectrum of clear, crisp sounds ranging from bright highs to mellow, deep bass, which is only improved by the active noise cancellation. Indeed, the noise cancellation is so excellent that the lawnmower will not bother you! Add to that outstanding comfort and sweat-resistant IPX4 water resistance, and you have the full suite for your job.
Top 10 Best Bluetooth Headphones For Lawn Mowing
- Ultra-soft ear cups
- Outstanding sound performance with aptX HD
- Lightweight and durable
- A bit too big
Best headphones for lawn mowing
Bose 700 Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones
- Excellent noise cancellation
- The best voice calls you'll experience on any headphones
- May be connected to two devices at once
- Bose Music app needs urgent repair
- Accidentally pushing buttons is usual
ZOHAN EM042 AM/FM Digital Hearing Protector
- Highest audio performance
- Extraordinarily comfortable
- High-quality material design
- Analog receiver
3M WorkTunes Connect
- One-button control for both playback and calls
- Cheaper than most Bluetooth hearing protectors
- Good sound performance for the price
- The volume has to be adjusted on your device
- Fit can be tight for some people after unpacking
Mpow HP102A Noise Reduction Bluetooth Safety Earmuff
- 30 hours of non-stop playback time
- Ultra-adjustable headband
- Integrated microphone and controls
- Bluetooth audio is too quiet even when the volume is set to maximum
- The unit may not offer sufficient hearing protection when not worn correctly
- Outstanding noise suppression
- High wearing comfort
- Great battery life (30 hours)
- Annoying flashing LED status light on the left ear cup
- A premium-priced Google Assistant isn't much of a use
Honeywell Howard Leight Sync AM/FM Radio Earmuff
- Workplace-friendly, high-visibility design
- Comfortable features - cushioned headband, lightweight earcup
- High-fidelity audio
- Price tends to the expensive side
- Digital display mists up on very hot days
VANKYO C750 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Blocks out ambient noise for crystal-clear audio performance
- Advanced Bluetooth 5.0 ensures a continuous connectio
- Adjustable headband for a custom fit
- Unreasonably expensive
Soundcore Wireless noise cancelling Headphones
- Excellent isolation performance
- Convenient and long-lasting design
- Dark audio playback
- No customization possibilities
Bose QuietComfort 20 noise-canceling earbuds
- Functions in wired mode with the supplied cable
- Outstanding noise cancellation in the class
- Extremely realistic listening experience
- Battery cannot be replaced
- No automatic play/pause
TREBLAB Z2 - Best Headphones for Lawn Mowing
Music is a part of our everyday lives. A 2017 survey shows that 87% of Americans wear headphones every day, and that figure isn't expected to drop anytime soon. The TREBLAB Z2 features 35 hours of battery life, active noise canceling, and crisp, clear audio. All these features come along without taking away from your upcoming paycheck.
The TREBLAB Z2 Wireless are ANC Bluetooth over-ears with a fairly well-balanced sound profile, making them versatile enough for most genres https://www.rtings.com/
Because of the fact that the headphones are pretty lightweight, they’re actually quite comfortable. There’s a good amount of padding in the ear cups and under the headband, and I was able to wear the headphones for hours on end without them getting overly uncomfortable. https://headphonereview.com/
Thick, comfortable ear pads complement the fairly decent active noise cancelling, which is made even better by a surprisingly robust sound quality. https://www.trustedreviews.com/
You'll get extra-comfortable earcups and earmuffs made from soft material with the TREBLAB Over-Ear Wireless Headphones, making them comfortable for extended wear. The plastic headband features sliders to let you adjust it to find the perfect fit. You'll also get long battery life and active noise cancelation for a great listening experience. https://www.dontwasteyourmoney.com/
Equipped with brand-exclusive T-Quiet ANC technology, the Z2 on-ears can block out the hustle and noise or lawn movers like nothing else. It's activated in the blink of an eye and functions at its best with relaxing music. This means you can settle down and actually drift off on a flight with these headphones. The ear cushions are ultra-soft and will not make you feel fatigued.
Treblab Z2 is a great headphones for mowing the lawn. It has a very comfortable and secure fit, so you can focus on your work and not worry about the headphones falling off. The sound quality is excellent, and it blocks out most of the noise from the lawnmower.
Treblab Z2 headphones are constructed almost completely of plastic and thus are very light (8.9 oz). Don't be fooled by that plastic build, however. The Z2 is made with high-quality materials that ensure the reliability of the design - something that the best headphones for outdoor activities, by definition, have to provide. Also, the ear cups pivot 100 to compensate for the non-folding design.
- trendy T-Quiet ANC technology
- supple and comfortable ear pads
- The controls are well-placed and convenient to use
- Very comfortable to wear during lawn mowing
- Well-made and have comfortable ear cups which are once again formed from a memory protein leather
- Budget-friendly headphones
- Long battery life
- Decent ANC
- The build quality of the TREBLAB Z2 is great, and nothing looks cheap despite their low price
- cannot be folded when being packed
- May be little too big for your head
- No fast charging
Bose 700 - Best Headphones for Mowing with ANC Technology
The BOSE 700 is a great headphones for moving or other loud work when your ears really need protection.
The Bose 700 Noise Cancelling Headphones take advantage of Bluetooth pairing to link up with your gadgets allowing you to enjoy audio tunes while you are cutting the grass. They are quite proficient at blocking out environmental sounds and include some of the finest Bluetooth drivers to provide ultra-fast pairing of Bluetooth devices.
The Bose 700 Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones perform about as well as they can when it comes to sound quality, mainly due to their more uncommon attention to low tones. When listening to audios with some low tones, you will be amazed at how noisy it feels in comparison to other headphones. This characteristic makes the Boss 700 rather a great listener since you can easily listen to quiet audio tracks while trimming the grass in your yard, regardless of the noisy roar of the lawnmowers.
When choosing a great pair of headphones for mowing the lawn, it's vital not to get caught up in the enjoyment of listening, but instead the more weighty subject of noise reduction.
Among the main things about the Bose 700 headphones is that they let you control, perfectly naturally, how much surrounding noises are audible. The headphones are equipped with certain functions that enable you to adjust among the levels of the noises that are supposed to be heard by your ears.
- Smart design
- Touchpad functions flawlessly
- Improved sound compared to QC35 II
- Great next-gen active noise cancelling is mind blowing
- Gesture pad works perfectly
- Comfortable and stylish
- I have a really big head and the headphones fit great
- Crystal-clear, upfront sound
- Intuitive touch controls
- No hinges that can be folded
- The headphones power off much too quickly
- Ability to answer phone calls is inconsistent
- Rivals have better battery life
ZOHAN EM042 AM/FM - Lawn Mower Headphones with Digital Hearing Protector
The ZOHAN EM042 AM/FM is not a very popular pair of headphones for mowing, but I've heard a lot of good things about them.
It's pretty impressive to get out that protecting headphones such as Zohan EM042 are able to create awesome sounds. The speakers are a pretty decent size and can play high and mid-tones pretty accurately, somehow. These headphones also have some reasonable bass output, not completely stunning, but pretty acceptable.
Another great feature is that these Zohan headphones have great sound quality because of the inbuilt digital radio. What's awesome about digital radio is that it has a lot of crisper broadcast signals.
These lawn mower headphones also come with comfortable cushioning. There is enough foam cushioning on both the ear cushions and the headband to ensure that they will still be comfy even after being used for hours on end. The foam cushioning is also flexible enough to completely contour to the shape of your ears. As a result, it offers a nice protection barrier from noisy sounds.
- Has a great sound quality
- Has a wonderful bass performance
- Includes an aux input and an aux cable
- Outstanding battery life
- Worked really well for listening to music while cutting grass and canceling out the loud mower
- The headband of muffs is wider, thicker, softer, and much more comfortable than earlier
- Digital AM/FM tuning with LCD display
- You can use them while mowing grass but would be great for other job that you need hearing protection as well
- The radio has a highly reduced range
3M WorkTunes Connect – Headphones for Mowing Lawn with Amazing Passive Noise Cancellation Protection
3M WorkTunes Connect is the headphones for moving that will allow you to drown out almost all the loud noises while working on your lawn.
Out of all the electronic earmuffs available on the market today, we consider the WorkTunes Connect Bluetooth version to offer the best headphones for mowing. You get the most bang for your buck with these headphones, and compared to the other earmuffs, these operate on a rechargeable lithium-ion battery rather than AA batteries.
The other distinct benefit of opting for this set of mufflers is Bluetooth. This model allows you to wirelessly connect to your phone to listen to music, radio, Spotify, Audiobooks, or anything else you have the heart to listen to. Also, you'll have the ability to take calls via Bluetooth.
Lastly, it's crucial to keep in mind that this kind of earmuffs does not provide active noise cancellation. Rather, these ear capsules have been designed to provide your ears with passive noise cancellation protection.
- Super affordable in comparison with Sony and Bose ANC headphones
- Top 3M WorkTunes earmuffs with Bluetooth
- NRR of 24 is adequate hearing protection for nearly all lawn mowers
- Slim design in comparison to 3M Peltor earmuffs
- A rechargeable battery rather than AA batteries
- Awesome sound and cuts out all the outside noise
- Bluetooth works good so you don’t miss any important calls
- Strong headband, so ear sealing is great, comfortable padding, a decent weight, and stays put very well
- The sound quality for music isn't as great as Sony's or Treblab's
- There are no volume controls on the earcup
- Volume seems lower then I prefer but all in all nice headset
- Sometimes there can be problems charging the headphones
- One of the pairs being tested sounds very muffled, as if I could hear the sound playing from behind a closed door.
Mpow HP102A Noise Reduction Bluetooth Safety Earmuff - Lawn Mowing Headphones Ideal Even for Extremely Loud Environments
The Mpow HP102A earmuffs are designed especially for hearing protection while offering you a convenient and trusted Bluetooth feature.
These headphones are developed with noise reduction properties in mind. Therefore, it features an NRR rating of 29 dB and an SNR rating of 36 dB. The earmuffs come with foam cushions that closely fit the ear and block any excess sound from getting into the ear.
You'll certainly get your money's worth with this earmuff, which includes noise-canceling foam cushions that cover and close off the whole ear. Not only does this keep noise from the surroundings blocked, but it also stops long-term hearing damage! Besides that, it weighs just 12.3 oz, so it's extremely comfy and easy to wear, regardless of the weather or event.
- 30 hours of uninterrupted listening time
- Ear protection for shooting sports and hunting (NRR: 29dB and SNR:36dB)
- Fully adjustable headband
- Good call quality under moderate noise
- Good max Bluetooth volume for music and calls
- Built-in microphone and operating buttons
- The headband is slightly too tight for eyeglass wearers
- Much less noise reduction than even lower-rated earmuffs
- Good sound quality, but muffled midrange (speech), which is not ideal for loud surroundings
Sony WH-1000XM3 – Headphones for Mowing the Lawn with the Best Value for the Money
Apart from noise cancelling headphones, the WH1000XM3 provide extended battery life, meaning you'll almost never need to be concerned about the headphones dying on you when you're mowing the lawn, even if the battery is not full when you begin. One more thing that makes us like Sony is the sound quality. Sony's headphones sound great immediately out of the box, and the Sony Companion app lets you customize your surrounding sounds and volume using the equalizer.
Sony's most recent model, the WH1000XM3, has also integrated Alexa to keep the overall experience as hands-free it can be. A couple of final touches are the slim carrying case, crisp voice calls, and fast-charge battery function that lets you experience five hours of listening on just a 10-minute charge.
- The finest active noise-canceling earphones on the market.
- They provide you with the greatest opportunity to listen to your music with clarity and no disturbance while mowing
- Fine for noisy diesel mowers
- Good sound quality
- SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, LDAC, and wired playback
- USB-C charge port
- Good battery life
- More comfortable and 20% lighter than its predecessor
- Quick Attention Mode
- As with all over-the-ear headphones, they may cause sweating on hot days
- User-reported durability issues
- Touch controls feel fiddly at first
- Slightly bulky design
Honeywell Howard Leight Sync AM/FM Radio Earmuff – Headphones for Lawn Mowing with Reliable Old School Style Radio Ear Muffs
One of the key benefits of the Howard Leight model is battery life. Every set of AA batteries offers up to 140 hours of use. Next, let's move on to the controls. You might favor the controls on your ear cups rather than depending on your phone's volume adjustment.
The Howard Leight earcups feature an LCD display that lets you easily find your preferred radio stations, while there's the possibility to adjust up to 10 preset channels. Moreover, you have the possibility to pair the Sync headset to any device using the AUX input jack and the supplied cable. Besides, there is also a convenient volume control on the earcup. Overall, these earphones are somewhat old-fashioned in comparison to the newest technology, yet they come with a set of unique advantages making them definitely worth a look.
- Improved battery life per set of AA batteries.
- A great option for people who enjoy listening to audiobooks while they mow the lawn
- Convenient for any head size, even for big heads
- The volume is sufficiently high to hear your music and podcasts clearly
- Normal battery life with continuous use is about 110 hours.
- Buttons are easy to understand and tune, and radio stations are very well received in my area
- Digital AM/FM tuning with LCD display automatically searches for radio stations
- At any loud sound, I put on my hearing protection and turn on the radio.
- The noise level is reduced to the point where you know the mower is working, but that's about it.
- Sound quality not the best for music (you could ask for more bass)
- Not a very comfortable
VANKYO C750 - Best Noise Canceling Bluetooth Headphones for Mowing
When it does involve noise suppression, the headphones will cancel out almost all lawnmower noise like magic and offer you the ear protection you really need.
While you can still hear low-level noise from people having a conversation, they're definitely worth your money.
VANKYO C750 does come with the upgraded Bluetooth 5.0 with a wireless range of 33 feet. The Bluetooth offers ultra-fast and highly immutable connectivity.
- Decent noise suppression
- Great sound quality, loudness, bass and highs
- Sleek design
- Memory foam protein earpads to reduce pressure and comfortable to wear
- An affordable option for a low budget person
- A bit inconvenient, because the headband is slightly harder
- Gets a little warm during long time use
- Bulky design
- Not foldable
Soundcore Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones - the Best Affordable Bluetooth Headphones for Mowing
Anker SoundCore Life Q20 Hybrid Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation is a nice option for anyone who wishes to enjoy the benefits of noise-canceling headphone features. These headphones produce Hi-Res audio that improves the clearness you get from your music. Featuring four built-in microphones, the SoundCore Life Q20 assists in cutting down environmental noise with up to 90% efficiency. This means you will be able to listen to your music with greater intensity, freeing you from concerns about the noise of car motors in your surroundings. The reduction of environmental noise is done automatically, since the four microphones, two on every side, identify surrounding noise automatically using the digital ANC algorithm.
- 40 hours of playing time
- Hi-Res Audio for increased sound crispness
- Boost bass by double-tapping the playback button
- Sound is clear, easy to adjust volume
- Serious pluses - great sound, a charge lasts a long time, and sounds outside the headset are really muffled.
- They’d be comfortable even with glasses
- Great headphones for the price
- I was really surprised at how long the battery life is and the quality of the product is pretty good.
- Can be used in wired, passive mode
- Microphone quality may be higher
- Memory foam may feel warm after prolonged use
- Little too much bass sometimes, but they still sound pretty great
- No app for customization
- Sound profile isn't as balanced as previous version
- Sculpted sound signature not for everyone
Bose QuietComfort 20 noise-canceling earbuds - Great In-ear Headphones for Mowing Grass
The Bose QuietComfort 20 earphones offer great noise-canceling performance gadgets that contain unique functions to alternate between the amount of noise that can be canceled at a particular time. They perform a reasonably great job at canceling out noise and also offer outstanding sound quality.
The Bose QuietComfort 20 earmuffs perform a magnificent job of guaranteeing that external sounds are totally canceled out to provide the feeling of empty space that will certainly bring about the perfect listening experience.
- Good sound compact in-ear headphones
- Very pleasant to wear
- Provide unexpectedly great noise reduction
- Rechargeable battery is not interchangeable
- Tends to generate excessive wind noise
Plantronics BackBeat FIT 6100. If you enjoy deep bass and over-ear headphones for exercising, the Plantronics BackBeat Fit 6100 is well worth consideration.
TREBLAB Z7-PRO . Retreat to a sound-free paradise with noise canceling headphones that fully block background noise. Crafted with 6 auto-adjusting microphones that activate when noise is detected and a transparent mode to hear surroundings. Look at TREBLAB Z7-PRO on our website or on Amazon.
Plantronics Backbeat GO 810. The fairly affordable Plantronics BackBeat Go 810 headphones deliver robust noise-cancellation and punchy, bass-driven sound.
Sennheiser PXC 550. The Sennheiser PXC 550-II headphones deliver superior noise cancellation and strong audio performance in an easy-to-use design.
Jlab Audio Flex Sport Gym Workout Headphones. JLab's Flex Sport wireless Bluetooth headphones are over-ears developed especially for working out and are priced at $99.
Why should you wear ear protection when mowing and trimming the lawn?
You certainly need to wear hearing protection while mowing, since the noise level of most mowers is higher than the safe limit of 85 decibels.
Which hearing protection is the best?
Ear protectors commonly exist in two types. 1. Earmuffs, which cover the ears 2. Earplugs, which are inserted into the ears and block sound. The two choices offer superior hearing protection and it all comes down to the preference of the user as to what is most appropriate.
How loud is a lawnmower in decibels?
A regular chat is approximately 60 dB, a lawnmower is approximately 90 dB, and a loud rock concert is approximately 120 dB.