When it comes to picking the best headphones for lawn mowing, you have two options. Options are headphones with active sound reduction or electronic earmuffs. The great thing about headphones with active noise cancellation is that they generally have all the bells and whistles, including Bluetooth and voice control. In contrast, earmuffs come at a more reasonable cost and provide passive noise cancellation with a specified NRR (Noise Reduction Rating).
The higher the NRR rating, the more efficient the hearing protection. We present the top active noise-canceling (ANC) earphones and electronic earmuffs for mowing in this guide. Each of the choices in our guide offers sufficient hearing protection to make sure you keep your ears safe, even if you're mowing a number of acres of lawn.
Next, we'll give you an overview of the headphones before skipping to the specific reviews of each model, where you can get all the specifics you might need to come up with an intelligent buying choice.
Wireless headphones to power through your workout
Hyper-HD aptX Sound Quality
Our best wireless workout headphones come with Advanced Sound 2.0 Technology and aptX high-performance neodymium-backed 40mm speakers.
Ultra Premium Materials | Super Soft Ear Pads
They’re super-comfortable, made of high-end, ultra-soft materials that mold to the natural shape of your ear for a custom fit.
You have never had such a good audio experience as with the TREBLAB Z2 Bluetooth powerful noise-canceling headphones. With these headphones, you'll have the best of both worlds. Listen to all the amazing music you like, forget about the distracting ambient noise, and continue listening as long as you want.
Active noise canceling
Featuring unique T-Quiet active noise-cancellation technology, these headphones block out annoying outside sounds to help you stay focused on the task performed.
A whole outdoor activities mood
The sound created by these workout headphones extends far beyond anything you'd associate with its budget price tag. The speakers deliver a wide spectrum of clear, crisp sounds ranging from bright highs to mellow, deep bass, which is only improved by the active noise cancellation. Indeed, the noise cancellation is so excellent that the lawnmower will not bother you! Add to that outstanding comfort and sweat-resistant IPX4 water resistance, and you have the full suite for your job.
Bluetooth Hearing Protection & Noise-Cancelling Headphones For Lawn Mowing
- Ultra-soft ear cups
- Outstanding sound performance with aptX HD
- Lightweight and durable
- A bit too big
Bose 700 Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones
- Excellent noise cancellation
- The best voice calls you'll experience on any headphones
- May be connected to two devices at once
- Bose Music app needs urgent repair
- Accidentally pushing buttons is usual
ZOHAN EM042 AM/FM Digital Hearing Protector
- Highest audio performance
- Extraordinarily comfortable
- High-quality material design
- Analog receiver
3M WorkTunes Connect
- One-button control for both playback and calls
- Cheaper than most Bluetooth hearing protectors
- Good sound performance for the price
- The volume has to be adjusted on your device
- Fit can be tight for some people after unpacking
Mpow HP102A Noise Reduction Bluetooth Safety Earmuff
- 30 hours of non-stop playback time
- Ultra-adjustable headband
- Integrated microphone and controls
- Bluetooth audio is too quiet even when the volume is set to maximum
- The unit may not offer sufficient hearing protection when not worn correctly
- Outstanding noise suppression
- High wearing comfort
- Great battery life (30 hours)
- Annoying flashing LED status light on the left ear cup
- A premium-priced Google Assistant isn't much of a use
Honeywell Howard Leight Sync AM/FM Radio Earmuff
- Workplace-friendly, high-visibility design
- Comfortable features - cushioned headband, lightweight earcup
- High-fidelity audio
- Price tends to the expensive side
- Digital display mists up on very hot days
VANKYO C750 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Blocks out ambient noise for crystal-clear audio performance
- Advanced Bluetooth 5.0 ensures a continuous connectio
- Adjustable headband for a custom fit
- Unreasonably expensive
Soundcore Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones
- Excellent isolation performance
- Convenient and long-lasting design
- Dark audio playback
- No customization possibilities
Bose QuietComfort 20 noise-canceling earbuds
- Functions in wired mode with the supplied cable
- Outstanding noise cancellation in the class
- Extremely realistic listening experience
- Battery cannot be replaced
- No automatic play/pause
TREBLAB Z2 - High-quality sound at an affordable price
Music is a part of our everyday lives. A 2017 survey shows that 87% of Americans wear headphones every day, and that figure isn't expected to drop anytime soon. The TREBLAB Z2 features 35 hours of battery life, active noise canceling, and crisp, clear audio. All these features come along without taking away from your upcoming paycheck.
Equipped with brand-exclusive T-Quiet ANC technology, the Z2 on-ears can block out the hustle and noise or lawn movers like nothing else. It's activated in the blink of an eye and functions at its best with relaxing music. This means you can settle down and actually drift off on a flight with these headphones. The ear cushions are ultra-soft and will not make you feel fatigued.
Treblab Z2 headphones are constructed almost completely of plastic and thus are very light (8.9 oz). Don't be fooled by that plastic build, however. The Z2 is made with high-quality materials that ensure the reliability of the design - something that the best headphones for outdoor activities, by definition, have to provide. Also, the ear cups pivot 100 to compensate for the non-folding design.
- trendy T-Quiet ANC technology
- supple and comfortable ear pads
- ideal for flights, driving, and outdoor activities
- cannot be folded when being packed
Bose 700 Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones- one of the best ANC headphones available
The Bose 700 Noise Cancelling Headphones take advantage of Bluetooth pairing to link up with your gadgets allowing you to enjoy audio tunes while you are cutting the grass. They are quite proficient at blocking out environmental sounds and include some of the finest Bluetooth drivers to provide ultra-fast pairing of Bluetooth devices.
The Bose 700 Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones perform about as well as they can when it comes to sound quality, mainly due to their more uncommon attention to low tones. When listening to audios with some low tones, you will be amazed at how noisy it feels in comparison to other headphones. This characteristic makes the Boss 700 rather a great listener since you can easily listen to quiet audio tracks while trimming the grass in your yard, regardless of the noisy roar of the lawnmowers.
When choosing a great pair of headphones for mowing the lawn, it's vital not to get caught up in the enjoyment of listening, but instead the more weighty subject of noise reduction.
Among the main things about the Bose 700 headphones is that they let you control, perfectly naturally, how much surrounding noises are audible. The headphones are equipped with certain functions that enable you to adjust among the levels of the noises that are supposed to be heard by your ears.
- Awesome active noise cancellation
- Smart design
- Touchpad functions flawlessly
- Improved sound compared to QC35 II
- No hinges that can be folded
ZOHAN EM042 AM/FM Digital Hearing Protector-Amazing radio headphones
It's pretty impressive to get out that protecting headphones such as Zohan EM042 are able to create awesome sounds. The speakers are a pretty decent size and can play high and mid-tones pretty accurately, somehow. These headphones also have some reasonable bass output, not completely stunning, but pretty acceptable.
Another great feature is that these Zohan headphones have great sound quality because of the inbuilt digital radio. What's awesome about digital radio is that it has a lot of crisper broadcast signals.
These lawn mower headphones also come with comfortable cushioning. There is enough foam cushioning on both the ear cushions and the headband to ensure that they will still be comfy even after being used for hours on end. The foam cushioning is also flexible enough to completely contour to the shape of your ears. As a result, it offers a nice protection barrier from noisy sounds.
- Has a great sound quality
- Has a wonderful bass performance
- Includes an aux input and an aux cable
- Outstanding battery life
- Features a built-in digital radio
- The radio has a highly reduced range
3M WorkTunes Connect –amazing passive noise cancellation protection
Out of all the electronic earmuffs available on the market today, we consider the WorkTunes Connect Bluetooth version to offer the best headphones for mowing. You get the most bang for your buck with these headphones, and compared to the other earmuffs, these operate on a rechargeable lithium-ion battery rather than AA batteries.
The other distinct benefit of opting for this set of mufflers is Bluetooth. This model allows you to wirelessly connect to your phone to listen to music, radio, Spotify, Audiobooks, or anything else you have the heart to listen to. Also, you'll have the ability to take calls via Bluetooth.
Lastly, it's crucial to keep in mind that this kind of earmuffs does not provide active noise cancellation. Rather, these ear capsules have been designed to provide your ears with passive noise cancellation protection.
- Super affordable in comparison with Sony and Bose ANC headphones
- Top 3M WorkTunes earmuffs with Bluetooth
- NRR of 24 is adequate hearing protection for nearly all lawn mowers
- Slim design in comparison to 3M Peltor earmuffs
- A rechargeable battery rather than AA batteries
- The sound quality for music isn't as great as Sony's or Treblab's
- There are no volume controls on the earcup
Mpow HP102A Noise Reduction Bluetooth Safety Earmuff - ideal even for extremely loud environments
The Mpow HP102A earmuffs are designed especially for hearing protection while offering you a convenient and trusted Bluetooth feature.
These headphones are developed with noise reduction properties in mind. Therefore, it features an NRR rating of 29 dB and an SNR rating of 36 dB. The earmuffs come with foam cushions that closely fit the ear and block any excess sound from getting into the ear.
You'll certainly get your money's worth with this earmuff, which includes noise-canceling foam cushions that cover and close off the whole ear. Not only does this keep noise from the surroundings blocked, but it also stops long-term hearing damage! Besides that, it weighs just 12.3 oz, so it's extremely comfy and easy to wear, regardless of the weather or event.
- 30 hours of uninterrupted listening time
- Ear protection for shooting sports and hunting (NRR: 29dB and SNR:36dB)
- Fully adjustable headband
- Built-in microphone and operating buttons
- The headband is slightly too tight for eyeglass wearers
Sony WH-1000XM3 – best value for the money
Apart from noise canceling, the WH1000XM3 headphones provide extended battery life, meaning you'll almost never need to be concerned about the headphones dying on you when you're mowing the lawn, even if the battery is not full when you begin. One more thing that makes us like Sony is the sound quality. Sony's headphones sound great immediately out of the box, and the Sony Companion app lets you customize your surrounding sounds and volume using the equalizer.
Sony's most recent model, the WH1000XM3, has also integrated Alexa to keep the overall experience as hands-free it can be. A couple of final touches are the slim carrying case, crisp voice calls, and fast-charge battery function that lets you experience five hours of listening on just a 10-minute charge.
- The finest active noise-canceling earphones on the market.
- They provide you with the greatest opportunity to listen to your music with clarity and no disturbance while mowing
- Fine for noisy diesel mowers
- As with all over-the-ear headphones, they may cause sweating on hot days
Honeywell Howard Leight Sync AM/FM Radio Earmuff – reliable old school style radio ear muffs
One of the key benefits of the Howard Leight model is battery life. Every set of AA batteries offers up to 140 hours of use. Next, let's move on to the controls. You might favor the controls on your ear cups rather than depending on your phone's volume adjustment.
The Howard Leight earcups feature an LCD display that lets you easily find your preferred radio stations, while there's the possibility to adjust up to 10 preset channels. Moreover, you have the possibility to pair the Sync headset to any device using the AUX input jack and the supplied cable. Besides, there is also a convenient volume control on the earcup. Overall, these earphones are somewhat old-fashioned in comparison to the newest technology, yet they come with a set of unique advantages making them definitely worth a look.
- Improved battery life per set of AA batteries.
- A great option for people who enjoy listening to audiobooks while they mow the lawn
- Convenient for any head size, even for big heads
- The volume is sufficiently high to hear your music and podcasts clearly
- Sound quality not the best for music (you could ask for more bass)
- Not a very comfortable
VANKYO C750 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones - Best noise canceling
When it does involve noise suppression, the headphones will cancel out almost all lawnmower noise like magic and offer you the ear protection you really need.
While you can still hear low-level noise from people having a conversation, they're definitely worth your money.
VANKYO C750 does come with the upgraded Bluetooth 5.0 with a wireless range of 33 feet. The Bluetooth offers ultra-fast and highly immutable connectivity.
- Decent noise suppression
- Great sound quality, loudness, bass and highs
- Sleek design
- A bit inconvenient, because the headband is slightly harder
Soundcore Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones - the best affordable noise-canceling headphones
Anker SoundCore Life Q20 Hybrid Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation is a nice option for anyone who wishes to enjoy the benefits of noise-canceling headphone features. These headphones produce Hi-Res audio that improves the clearness you get from your music. Featuring four built-in microphones, the SoundCore Life Q20 assists in cutting down environmental noise with up to 90% efficiency. This means you will be able to listen to your music with greater intensity, freeing you from concerns about the noise of car motors in your surroundings. The reduction of environmental noise is done automatically, since the four microphones, two on every side, identify surrounding noise automatically using the digital ANC algorithm.
- 40 hours of playing time
- Hi-Res Audio for increased sound crispness
- Boost bass by double-tapping the playback button
- Microphone quality may be higher
- Memory foam may feel warm after prolonged use
Bose QuietComfort 20 noise-canceling earbuds - best Noise Cancelling in Ear
The Bose QuietComfort 20 earphones offer great noise-canceling performance gadgets that contain unique functions to alternate between the amount of noise that can be canceled at a particular time. They perform a reasonably great job at canceling out noise and also offer outstanding sound quality.
The Bose QuietComfort 20 earmuffs perform a magnificent job of guaranteeing that external sounds are totally canceled out to provide the feeling of empty space that will certainly bring about the perfect listening experience.
- Good sound compact in-ear headphones
- Very pleasant to wear
- Provide unexpectedly great noise reduction
- Rechargeable battery is not interchangeable
- Tends to generate excessive wind noise
Why should you wear ear protection when mowing and trimming the lawn?
You certainly need to wear hearing protection while mowing, since the noise level of most mowers is higher than the safe limit of 85 decibels.
Which hearing protection is the best?
Ear protectors commonly exist in two types. 1. Earmuffs, which cover the ears 2. Earplugs, which are inserted into the ears and block sound. The two choices offer superior hearing protection and it all comes down to the preference of the user as to what is most appropriate.
How loud is a lawnmower in decibels?
A regular chat is approximately 60 dB, a lawnmower is approximately 90 dB, and a loud rock concert is approximately 120 dB.